600 g all purpose flour
50 g sugar
120 g milk
3 medium eggs
20 g ouzo
1,5 liter vegetable oil
600 g sugar
400 g water
200 g honey
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the eggs, sugar, ouzo in a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Add the milk, vanillins and gradually the G.o.x flour until it becomes a pliable dough.
- Divide the dough into balls of 160 g.
- We open the balls one by one in trays and after covering them with a parchment paper we let them rest for 30 minutes.
- We take one piece at a time and open them into a very thin sheet with a plaster.
- Cut the edges to make the dough square and then divide it into 3 equal strips.
- We take parchment paper and cut it to the same size as the dough pieces.
- We put each strip of dough on top of the strip of parchment paper and roll it without tightening the dough (this way the parchment paper will come out very easily once fried without spoiling the shape at all).
- Pour 1.5 liters of sunflower oil into a non-stick pan and test with a small piece of dough if the oil is done.
- Fry them on medium heat and be careful not to spoil the shape while they are in the pan.
- We take them out on an absorbent paper and as soon as they cool, we carefully remove the parchment paper.
- We do the same process with all the pieces and with the side pieces we cut at the beginning.
- Put water, sugar, cinnamon stick, lemon juice in a saucepan and boil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Dip the cold diples into the hot syrup and place them on a plate.
- Garnish with honey and grated walnut.
The diples are ready to decorate your Christmas table!!
Good luck and happy holidays!!